Using Mama Earth Organic's fresh produce has helped make clean vegan eating easier as we continue to find new sources of recipes and nutritional information daily.
This Baked Tomato & Vegan Feta Pasta is an omnivore friendly recipe we're trying this week. Creamy, packed with protein and 100% plant-based.
Here's What's in it:
- 1 block organic extra firm tofu (not pressed)
- 1/2 cup raw organic cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon organic nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped organic garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups organic cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Big handful of organic spinach
- 2 cups cooked organic pasta of choice
* Ingredients can be found at a local grocery store or have all these ingredients delivered from Mama Earth Organics
How to Cook it:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place tofu, cashew, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and apple cider vinegar in the blender. Combine until a smooth paste is formed.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a deep baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Pour the tofu “feta” in the middle, and top with more salt and pepper. Pop in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst.
- Stir with a spoon until the tomatoes and “feta” melted together, and add a handful of spinach into the mix. Pour in your pasta, and mix until coated with the sauce.
- Eat your heart out.